Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Blessed Family

Happy New Year! I would first like to announce that on January 1st, 2009, I rededicated my life to the Lord Jesus Christ. He's been so merciful to me when I was running! I'm so thankful that He still loves me and wants me. He's blessed me with a wonderful husband and a beautiful daughter, Kara. I also have four wonderful step-children. Let me tell you about them.
First, there is Paul. His father's mini-me. He's almost 16 years old and he leaves a lot to be proud of. He play high school football for the Bellefontaine Chieftains in Bellefontaine, Ohio. He's pretty good. He's buffed up in the last year with all his weight lifting. He funny. We make each other laugh a lot, especially when we're picking on his dad. He's been dating his girlfriend, Celeste for a while now. She's a sweetheart. They're so cute together.
Then, there's Becca, 13, and she LOVES monkeys. She's a riot. She's the punk of the group. Becca can squeal when she doesn't get her way but she's so cute when she does it. Oh, and she likes Elmo. I think she will always love Elmo. I've known Becca for over three years and she's grown up alot, unless you try to make her eat her carrots. It's just not happening!! I'm very proud of her, too.
Kaylien is the little blonde hair, blue-eyed, booger. She's so sweet. She loves me to death and I love that about her. She's very clingy to me and that makes me feel good. She's always drawing me pictures and things, I'm running out of room to hang things up. Kaylien is 8 and very much into computer games and DS. She's spoiled but it hasn't gone to her head yet. She is really into High School Musical right now so it was easy to shop for her this past Christmas.
Draven is going to be 6 next week. He has blonde hair and blue eyes also so Paul and Becca have brown hair and brown eyes. He's a sweety, too. He's just recently been staying at our house on a regular basis. At first, he was shy and didn't know the boundaries and standards of our house and rules. After a few visits, the true 5 years old boy came out and he tested those boundaries. haha. That didn't last long. He knows what he can and cannot do now. So, now our visits are more enjoyable. He's really into Hot Wheels Cars and race tracks. His favorite cartoon is Ben10. He has a lisp and it's the cutest thing. He's really smart. He's in kindergarten this year and he can already read. He's a sharp kid.
Lastly, there's Kara. She's almost 9 months old. She is everything to me. She is my first biological child and she's absolutely beautiful. Kara has big blue eyes and blonde hair. She brings me joy every day. She just had her third tooth break through. She's growing so fast, I don't know where the time is going. I love spending time with her. I'm trying to teach her to pray. We pray before our meals and we say our prayers at bedtime. Right now, she doesn't understand what we are doing so she tries to pull her hands away. She'll get it.
Ryan, my husband, is a good man. He loves his family more than anything on this earth. He puts nothing earthly ahead if his family. He's very compassionate to those less fortunate and he likes to take care of others when they are unable to themselves. He's been down on luck in the last 5 years due to a work injury in 2002. We've hit some hard rocks, but we've made it though. I believe that God has a plan for us and our family. Right now, Ryan is unable to be with his family due to some unfortunate circumstances but he is well loved and prayed for daily. 2009 is the year that God changes the Shough family and cleans out from the inside out.
Well, that's all for now. Kara wakes up rather early these days. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a "hello".

Kara Shough

Kara Shough
Kara being silly!

My nephew, Isaac!

My nephew, Isaac!
Adorable!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man and I have a beautiful baby girl and four wonderful step children. We are trying to raise them right and show them how to make the right choices in life. God has been good to us. We are excited about God's blessings in 2009.

Followers